Welcome to the Biological Mass Spectrometry Facility of Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. The facility is directed by Dr. Peter Lobel and is located in Room 010 of Center for Integrative Proteomics Research (CIPR) building on the RWJMS/Busch Campus in Piscataway.
The facility has state-of the art instrumentation that can be used either directly by users or by facility staff for the analysis of biological samples. Services include:
- Protein identification
- Gel based: (1D and 2D coommassie and silver stained gels)
- Solution based (simple and complex mixtures)
- Characterization of post translational modification
- Phosphorylation site analysis
- Methylation site analysis
- Analysis of other potential modifications
- Protein structure analysis
- H-D exchange
- Limited proteolysis
- Proteomic analysis
- iTRAQ, MUDPIT analysis
- Label-free comparative proteomics
Investigators at Rutgers University, as well as outside institutions are welcome to contact us to learn how we can provide assistance with their research as well as to join the 4800 TOF-TOF user groups.
To start a new project with us: please go to starting a new project.